As we embark on our journey to transform the railway across Wales and the Borders, we have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and influential individual to join our team in as a Fixed Term Contract Performance Technician for 12 months.
A major part of the role will be, focussing on live defects, ensure all relevant reports, products and materials are available for the maintenance team. This will include in depth fault finding to solve technical issues.
Other responsibilities include:
· Working under his/her own initiative, taking responsibility for your own safety and others in your working area.
· Set up Work Reports in advance of unit arrivals so that all work required is captured.
· Review completed work to develop a ‘Right First Time’ approach to defects.
· Liaise with Maintenance Control, Stores, Control and Engineering to ensure the team have all the information to hand when needed.
· Fault finding and investigation of re-occurring/prolonged faults
· Writing in-depth technical reports on technical issues and faults
· Provision of information to Engineering on possible technical improvements to the fleet
· Working with Engineering to investigate and close out issues raised through the maintenance feedback process.
· Support production with standardisation of investigations and reporting
· Support Engineering in writing and the issuing of Fleet and Special checks
· Writing of scopes of work for Production to carry out investigations
· Responsible for the coaching of staff in good working practices and quality standards. Supporting the Service delivery manager in the identification of training needs.
· Qualified Craftsmen
· 5 years craft experience
· Leadership skills
· Experience of managing resources
**Please note that we will not be accepting CV’s for this role. Please follow the ‘apply’ button to our website to submit an application form.
Transport for Wales - Rail Services recognises its responsibilities with regard to the integrity and security of Personal Data and information collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) (the "Data Protection Legislation").
By accepting these Terms and consenting below, you agree that the information contained in your application and any other personal information obtained about you during the recruitment process ("Personal Data"), which may include Sensitive Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998), may be used by Transport for Wales - Rail Services and its affiliates for any purpose regarding your application. These purposes will include: recruitment activities related to this (or any future) vacancy; management and administration requirements; if you are offered a role with us we are permitted to use information collected during the recruitment process for the purpose of making the offer and to manage your on-going employment with us; and for compliance with any procedures, laws and regulations to which Transport for Wales - Rail Services is subject.
If you are offered a role with us then we will also undertake pre-employment checks, which may include, but not be limited to, checking your credit history, criminal records checks, address, academic qualifications and employer references.Accept & Continue