As we embark on our journey to transform the railway across Wales & the Borders, we are looking for a safety conscious Shunter Driver to join our team.
As a Shunter Driver, you will ensure the safe control of movement of our trains and vehicles on the running lines within the depot. You will also shunt and uncouple trains as well as preparing them for service - including brake tests. When required, you will move our trains to their required position within the depot.
Additionally, you will carry out yard cleaning, ensure the accommodation is clean and tidy at all times and perform the occasional maintenance of the track infrastructure within the depot.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate high levels of concentration, be a strong team player, be able to use own initiative whilst adhering to our strict rules procedures and be committed to working towards the continual improvement of the depot.
The successful candidate will need to pass the driver assessment process
The Ideal candidate will have:
Interested? Please complete our application form.
**Please note that CV’s will not be accepted for this role please send in an application form
Please note this role is Internal and only open to employees within the business. External applications will not be considered.
We have a great opportunity for someone who is keen to take on a Maintenance Controller role.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in maintaining the fleet train plan as well as improving both the function and the overall customer experience.
Using your excellent communication & analytical skills, you will focus on in-service defect advice and recording into fleet maintenance databases. You will also ensure, from an operational perspective, the adherence to plan of scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance activities on our fleet of trains.
In addition, you will focus on engaging effectively with a number of TFW’s key stakeholders; both internally and externally, to meet business objectives that will maintain an excellent and consistent service for our customers.
To be successful in this role you must clearly demonstrate on your application form the following skills and experience:
- Previous planning and analytical experience
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Managing a team of Station & Mobile Technicians
- Teamwork and the ability to build excellent working relationships with key stakeholders
- Problem solving skills and a high level of competence on TFW traction rolling stock
- Great communication skills
- Strong ICT skills
If you are able to demonstrate the above, possess a ‘can do’ attitude and are driven by the prospect of a new challenge to develop the fleet planning activities at Transport for Wales, we would love to hear from you!
Please note that this role involves shift work including nights and weekends.
As we embark on our journey to transform the railway across Wales & the Borders, we are looking for a flexible Production Clerk to join us in our Canton Maintenance Depot.
The Production Clerk will be in charge of analysing and extract relevant information from worksheets to enable you to prepare and present spread sheets and KPI’s required. We are looking for someone with good communications skills as the position is often the first point of contact for both internal and external customers. The Production Clerk must also have experience in computer data entry and providing / developing spreadsheets from data collated is also an essential part of the role. As well as experience in planning and amending planned workload in line with real time activities.
· Accurately prepare and distribute documents and allocate works reports in line with unit arrivals onto depot and maintain fuel point logs on a real time basis.
· Liaise with Production Team Leaders to allocate staff members to tasks accordingly.
· Review unit examination mileages in line with any diagram variance to lay out exam plan overview to amend real time and to plan for morning service allocations.
· Ensure all ‘in person’ and telephone enquiries are dealt with and communicated to the duty Shift Production manager appropriate action is taken at all times.
· Transfer live real time repairs found on fuel point to the maintenance log and assist Team Leaders in allocation of work.
· Work closely with the Operations Team Leader to ensure units are allocated to diagrams to enable full utilisation of exam mileages in line with the exam plan.
· Produce various daily KPI’s (unit miss-formed units, exam mileages etc.).
· Completion and distribution of various reports and information documents to be used during the morning meetings.
· Understand the systems used for maintenance data recording and reporting.
· Keep up to date with changing safety briefs and policies.
· Understand the depot procedures and operations.
The Production Support Clerk will need to be flexible for night shifts. Please keep this in mind when applying.
Interested? Send in your application today.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accounts Assistant to join the Financial Reporting Team on a fixed term basis until March 2020. We are currently seeking a well-motivated individual to provide support and assistance to the Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will ideally be AAT qualified or part ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified and will need to be a clear and effective communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
The main duties will include:
· Periodic fixed asset accounting including processing additions, disposals and CAPEX reports.
· Responsibility for intercompany account reconciliation and settlement;
· Preparation of periodic VAT returns and reconciliations;
· Assisting the Finance Manager with periodic fixed asset accounting;
· Completion of balance sheet reconciliations as well as management of the process;
· Supporting the budget process;
· Manage and produce pension reports and reconciliations.
· Management of the company credit card accounting process.
Skills and experience required:
· Self-motivating, determined with drive and a results-focused approach;
· Strong Excel and Word skills;
· Experience using Oracle preferable;
· Experience working in a pressurised environment;
· Attention to detail;
· Good interpersonal skills.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please note that this vacancy is an internal vacancy and only applicants who currently work for Transport for Wales will be considered.
Are you a highly motivated, flexible and committed individual ready to lead a team of highly skilled drivers?
We have a permanent opportunity to join our Driver Team Managers, who lead and inspire a team of train drivers at Chester.
The role demands strong people management focus and you will need excellent communication skills to ensure your team are highly motivated to deliver an excellent service for our business and to our customers. The role is interesting and varied, with a strong focus on ensuring the highest safety and performance standards are maintained through engagement and encouragement of your team.
You will work as part of a close team of driver managers and also work closely with other managers across the business such as Performance, Safety, Customer Service and HR, and manage the relationships with key stakeholders such as Network Rail.
If you are a highly customer focussed individual who ensures they are at the root of all decisions you make, this may be the job for you. The successful person will have the opportunity to play a key role in the reshaping of the driver function moving forward.
You must be a Qualified Train Driver with 3-5 years' experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person. If you want a fresh challenge and have the necessary passion and drive to match, what are you waiting for?
The closing date for this vacancy is 30th April 2019
Transport for Wales - Rail Services recognises its responsibilities with regard to the integrity and security of Personal Data and information collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) (the "Data Protection Legislation").
By accepting these Terms and consenting below, you agree that the information contained in your application and any other personal information obtained about you during the recruitment process ("Personal Data"), which may include Sensitive Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998), may be used by Transport for Wales - Rail Services and its affiliates for any purpose regarding your application. These purposes will include: recruitment activities related to this (or any future) vacancy; management and administration requirements; if you are offered a role with us we are permitted to use information collected during the recruitment process for the purpose of making the offer and to manage your on-going employment with us; and for compliance with any procedures, laws and regulations to which Transport for Wales - Rail Services is subject.
If you are offered a role with us then we will also undertake pre-employment checks, which may include, but not be limited to, checking your credit history, criminal records checks, address, academic qualifications and employer references.Accept & Continue